Vox Bivium Is...
A unique combination of classroom learning, hands-on experience, and great adventure.
Vox Bivium is a unique gap year program because of our partnership with Cairn University. This partnership allows our students to graduate with 24 fully-transferable college credits! So we are not simply a gap year program, but actually a gap year school!
Our gifted teaching faculty and guest lecturers come from a variety of different industries and educational backgrounds. In additional to the eight courses students take for credit, we provide three additional courses that sharpen them into well-rounded, capable individuals.
Core areas of learning and growth include the following:
- Biblical Teaching and Spiritual Formation:
- Old and New Testament survey, hermeneutics, apologetics and evangelism, spiritual disciplines, role of the Holy Spirit, basic Christian doctrine and theology, principles of the church and church history, and more.
- Leadership and Character Development:
- Leadership principles, missional thinking and engagement, conflict resolution, communication, personal finance and biblical views of money, and more.
- Clarity of Identity and Calling:
- Dating and relationships, Biblical masculinity/femininity, personality and gifting, vocational direction, and more.
For a detailed listing of courses, instructors, and credits , click here.
The Hands-On Experience component of Vox Bivium is an extremely unique aspect of our school because we give students the opportunity to dip their toe in the water of a vocational area of interest. Students use their “hands” to both serve in the community and, through experiential learning, hone abilities and gain better insight into their natural giftedness.
Both facets of the Hands-On Experience component of the school have potential to guide the student’s pathway towards a vocation.
Through micro-apprenticeships, we connect our students with experts who offer them a glimpse into an area of interest to which they are drawn. Students also participate in life skills classes to help shape them into well-rounded and capable individuals.
Life Skills Classes Include:
- Basic Home Maintenance and Housekeeping
- Culinary Arts
- Automotive Repair
Serving in the Community:
Our students have the opportunity to serve in various types of ministries throughout the Greenville area on a weekly basis. Examples of those ministries include:
Each month students spend time traveling in a series of different adventures. Our trips are designed to apply and reinforce the ideas and principles we are teaching throughout the school year. Half these trips are outdoor adventures, while the others are mission trips. We believe these experiences, although challenging, are a crucial part of galvanizing a student’s character and competency while broadening their horizons.
Examples of past adventures include: